Puerto Princesa: Firefly Watching
Firefly Watching is another exciting experience in Palawan.
Taking place just before dusk, this tour allows you to get closer to nature and, in particular, the dazzling and flickering insects known as "Fireflies" or "Lighting Bugs"
- Air-con Van Transfer
- Boat Transfer
- Licensed Tour Guide
Please Note: Absolutely no flash photography, as this will disturb the Fireflies causing them to leave the immediate area
Take this chance to be closer to nature and enjoy the beautiful, peaceful and calm river, with the nearby trees lit up, just like Christmas Trees, by the Fireflies.
You will be driven to Baker's Hill, where you will have a light dinner before going on to the river.
At the River you will transfer in to Paddle Boats, which will take you up a 10 meter wide stretch of the Mangrove perimeter. The River tour will last approximately 30-45 minutes. Please read the Itinerary Section in full, as it varies depending on the size of the group booked, or joined if you book individual places.
Fireflies live in abundance amongst the mangroves and trees, which are perfectly situated along the banks of the Sicsican and Iwahig Rivers. This location is ideal as it is away from the light pollution experienced in the city.
The Itinerary for Firefly Watching is classified into 2 Types according to the number of participants joining the tour:
Itinerary for groups of less than 5 people:
From the pick-up location of your hotel, a van will take you to Puerto Princesa Baywalk, from there you will ride a motorized boat with other travellers, which will take you to Sicsican River where the firefly watching site is located.
When you arrive at the Sicsican River, the group will be divided into 2. The first group will take the tour first and transfer to a paddle boat, which will transport them along the Sicsican River, for around 30-45 minutes. Whilst the first group is on their tour the second group will have their dinner (and vice versa).
Itinerary for groups more than 5 people:
From the pick-up location in your hotel, a van will take you to Baker's Hill, where you will take your dinner. Afterwards the group will be taken to Iwahig River. When you reach the site you will ride a paddle boat that will carry you along the river, which is about 10 meters wide, and which will take 30-45 minutes.
Taxes and Charges: Tour rates are quoted in Philippine Peso (PHP), per person and subject to 5% service charge and 12% Value Added Tax
Tour cancellation should be made at least 7 days prior to the indicated tour date.
- Cancellation made less than 7 days before the tour date shall be subject to 25% cancellation per tour per person, along with any permit fees where the permit has already been secured
- Cancellation made one (1) day prior to tour date shall be subject to 50% cancellation per tour per person, along with any permit fees where the permit has already been secured
- Cancellation made on the actual tour date shall be charged in full amount. No show will incur full amount charge.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Complimentary free pick-up service from your hotel located in Puerto Princesa City proper to the drop-off point. An additional or reduced fee may apply for travellers who are staying in hotels outside of central Puerto Princesa or in Sabang.
Please be advised that it is the traveller's responsibility to advise us of any changes to hotel or pick up point a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour date or to contact the Tour Operator direct (number will be provided on the Booking Voucher). We can not guarantee that last minute changes can be accommodated
- Travellers taking this tour should be ready for collection at 5.30pm. Some travellers may not be collected until as late as 6.00pm as other guests are being collected from across the city. Please be ready at 5.30pm
- Depending on the tour you will arrive back in Puerto Princesa around 10.00pm. There may be some occasions when you arrive back slightly later.
- Please be advised that the Children's Rate applies to children who are between 2-5 years of age and below. Children under 2 years of age are not able to take this tour. The Tour Operator reserves the right to request proof and additional payment for any party members booked as children, who appear older than 5 years of age.
Bookings are confirmed on the basis of travellers providing all the required information. Please read our Booking Notes for this tour. Failure to provide us with the information we require, may result in your booking being cancelled and refunded. There is a section on our Booking Page where you can add information.
On very rare occasions the Tour may already be full when you book. In such cases we will email you and offer you a different date or time, or a Full Refund.
When you receive your Booking Voucher, upon confirmation, make a note of the Tour/Hotel Operators Contact Number, for any problems.
Bookings are confirmed on the basis of travellers providing all the required information. Failure to provide us with the information we require, may result in your booking being cancelled and refunded. There is a section on our Booking Page where you can add information.
- Please provide the names, date of birth and Nationalities of everyone in your party
- Please provide the name of the hotel where you will be staying
- Check and read the Itinerary, Participant Guidelines, Pick-up Information, Children and Cancellation Policies.
- When you receive your Booking Voucher, upon confirmation, make a note of the Tour/Hotel Operators Contact Number, for any problems.
Customize it Book Now